Monday, July 26, 2010

Personal Post

In the several months I've been with my boyfriend, my social circle has expanded exponentially due to the fact that he knows about 4,000 people. What I find both interesting and sad is the fact that I have discovered two people so far that are facing the same struggle I faced several years ago: finding care for a parent; making difficult choices; and grieving the loss of a loved one to some form of dementia. Two people out of about 25 to 30, and that's not even including the times I met and spoke to people and what I do for my father never came up. How did this happen? More and more people my age are facing the long road of care and hard choices and sorrow and all we can do is band together and try to help each other on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment