Sunday, September 27, 2009

Personal Post

I went to my 20th High School reunion this weekend and it was bizarre! You could see the 18-year old faces underneath 20 years of life. Most people were recognizable, many were married with kids. I saw the two guy-friends I had most wanted to see again, and it was great to talk with them. As I told people what I was doing, I felt really proud, not only of the book, but of the events contained within it. I'm glad and proud that I took the opportunity to be with my Dad when it was offered. Most of us just get on with our lives; its only when we look back or describe it to someone else that we see just how much has happened. It was reflected back to me by some of these people exactly how far I've come and all the things I've done, and that felt good. It was also interesting to hear how many people knew someone with Alzheimer's, or knew someone who knew someone. More and more of us are being touched by this horrible disease with its hardships for sufferers and care-givers alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment