Friday, May 18, 2012

Helping Out.

I'm excited - in two weeks I may be doing an online training with the Lewy Body Dementia Organization in order to become one of their phone support people. I've never felt the need to call their help line, but they do have one in case caregivers or family members get overwhelmed while dealing with this terrible disease, or just need some more information. I think it's a great service and I'm excited to potentially be a part of it!

Lord knows caregivers need every little bit of support we can give them, including a shoulder to cry on (through the phone) or the knowledge that it is possible to get through this. I don't have as much direct contact with my Dad as some of these brave people, but I know its a tough road to walk. The organization's website is listed on my blog if you would like some more information or a number to call.

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Joy,
    My name is Andres Riobueno and I'm the National Awareness Coordinator for the Mesothelioma Center(Asbestos.com). While I was browsing through a number of caregiver sites I came across your site and was impressed by the information you have listed. Mesothelioma is a terminal disease and caregivers are options for those with terminal malignant mesothelioma. I'm writing you because I thought you may be interested in including a link to our site on your page at cleaninghousebook.blogspot.com/.

    Please let me know if you like the idea.

    Regards,
    Andres Riobueno
    ariobueno@asbestos.com
    www.asbestos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andres, thanks for stopping by. I would be happy to list you guys - caregivers have it hard no matter what the disease is. My mother died of lung cancer that started as breast cancer. If you could spread word of my blog, Id appreciate it! Take care.

      Delete