Friday, December 4, 2009

Personal Post

The mental health people finally got through all their paperwork and a mental health nurse visited Dad at his facility to do an evaluation. Luckily, it was the same one who visited Dad last Spring after his incident, so she knows him. She seemed like a really nice, caring lady. I answered as many of her questions as I could, and then Dad wandered into the room where we were talking. It was good to see him, and he seemed to be in a good mood. As I gave him a hug, he even remembered our usual greeting, "What's a pretty lady like you doing here?" The nurse examined him and talked to him for a little while, and then she went to talk to the caregivers. Del and Dad and my sister and I all sat on companionably, talking a little bit. My sister was looking through the pictures I have stored on my Itouch and she came across some old ones I'd scanned in of she and I and Dad and I. I took the Itouch and sat down with Dad. I showed him the picture of me sitting on his lap, the same one posted here. I asked him if he recognized the handsome man and told him it was me sitting on his lap. He smiled and studied the picture; I don't know how much he remembered, but I enjoyed showing it to him and sharing another moment together on a couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment