Wednesday, December 17, 2014

New Book - Caregiving: How to Survive and Get Out Alive.

I am so proud and excited to announce that I am getting my new book published! Once again, I am going to self-publish it and I have already submitted it to the on-line publisher to be put together. I also plan to send it out to a few agents since I would love the experience of it being published on a large scale, but I just really, really wanted to get it out in the world.

The book is about my experiences during more than ten years of caregiving! (An astonishing reality I figured out about halfway through writing the book – ten + years! That’s crazy.) It’s really a how-to this time, with some memoir pieces to back up what I’m saying about caregiving. I’m aiming it towards all caregivers, with a special emphasis on new and potential caregivers, and younger caregivers – like me.

What are the subjects, you ask? Well, as all caregivers know, there are certain topics and issues that are universal to caregiving and are talked about and debated and chewed over constantly. Things like: why does family not help out more? Should I lie to my care receiver? What should I do about driving and taking the car keys? How do I break everyone out of denial of the situation? And more.

I’ve taken a lot of those issues, which I’ve learned about through personal experience, my groups, and just reading all the great blogs, forums, and sites out there…. And I talk about them! Honestly, straightforwardly, and humorously, using my own stories to illustrate. I’ve gone chronologically from the denial that my family suffered from in the beginning, to living with my dad as his caregiver, to placing him in a facility, to having problems with family, to what I anticipate on his death.

I’ve also included stories about the unexpected turns my own life has taken, and what I’ve done to create a life for myself alongside of caregiving – something I think all caregivers need to do in some way. I’ve gone through some crazy stuff in the last eleven years, or so, plus, caregiving really brought me to what I consider my vocation – helping other caregivers!

The book will be available on Amazon and at the CreateSpace site, and I will provide those links when I have them. I hope you will read it and enjoy it when it comes out because I have created it for you!
 
Caregiving: How to Survive and Get Out Alive.

10 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading your book, especially since I see some of the proceeds will go to a good cause. I was a caregiver for two family members and it is both rewarding and an ongoing challenge. It is wonderful to link with others who have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Article. You know Albania has a lot of castles too as a part of its cultural heritage. One of the most distinguished is the one in Porto Palermo. Porto Palermo is a small but beautiful bay, where the water is so clear it looks like the boats are floating. The bay also has a historical value do to the fact that Ali Pashe Tepelena built a fortress that stands between the sea and the mountains in the perfect spot to distinguish the enemies during the war.

    if you want more just look here "Albanian Beaches"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nuestra agencia de Detectives en Sevilla ofrece servicios de investigación privada en cualquier ámbito. Tenemos un despacho de detectives en Sevilla, que además pertenece a una de las mayores agencias de detectives del país, pertenecemos a Grupo Arga Detectives.

    if you want more just look here "Detectives privados Sevilla"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Arga Detective Agency has been for many years,
    developing research as detectives in the field of the community of Madrid, nationally and internationally. Our experience and recognition guarantee us as the most prestigious Detective Agency in Spain

    if you want more just look here "mystery shopping madrid"

    ReplyDelete
  5. We remind you that the consultation is always free. A qualified professional will gladly assist you and guide you throughout the process. Benefit from our great prices of computer experts in Madrid at the best quality.

    if you want more just look here "peritos informáticos"

    ReplyDelete
  6. All K managers are composed of 20 managers who work and are high-quality educated managers. It is a place full of uniqueness differentiated from other companies. From the thoughts and perspectives of your customers, K's business trip massage
    Because it is an operational strategy, the satisfaction of managers is high, so if you believe and call me, thank you

    if you want more just look here "Ulsan Branch Massage"

    ReplyDelete
  7. CBD is a short form of Cannabidiol. CBD introduced by William Brooke O’Shaughnessy in 1939 to American pharmacies. And it got popularity as a remedy for health problems. In recent times it gains popularity for its numerous health benefits. This oil is extracted from a tree called the cannabis Sativa plant.

    if you want more just look here "https://cbdoilfacts.tumblr.com/"

    ReplyDelete

  8. Very Helpful Articles. แทงบอล168 It might help you. แทงบอล168 Thanks For Sharing
    แทงบอล168 Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our designs & visions come from our beloved French Bulldog Bluenjy. He is truly the most unique and amazing dog you will ever encounter. Bluenjy is a deaf Frenchie who developed special skills to compensate for his disability.

    if you want more just look here "French Bulldog"

    ReplyDelete