Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Apparently, Life Is All About Weight-Loss.

First of all, let me thank everyone who has voted for and continues to vote for my blog in Healthline's Best Blog of 2012 contest!  Let me also thank everyone who visited my site because they saw it mentioned on Facebook or elsewhere - welcome.  I'm currently in 29th place - a little short of my goal of winning first place and achieving blog world domination, but at least I'm up there and that's great.  I have something to say about some of the blogs ahead of me, though, which might come off as sour grapes but its really not; its more a sadness about how little the world still knows about the challenges of dementia and caregiving.


Of the top 25 blogs so far, some of are about Rheumatoid Arthritis and/or chronic pain, there's one about menopause, one for breast cancer, and only two about dementia and/or caregiving.  The overwhelming majority of blogs in the top are about dieting and weight loss, having babies, or dieting and weight loss after having babies!  It seems appalling to me that an issue that is growing exponentially each year, and is only going to get bigger, i.e. dementia, has only 2 blogs in the running.


Again, I have nothing against dieting, having babies, or even RA(which, of course, I have!), and I'm happy for their creators that they are doing so well and serving so many people.  I'm sure weight loss after having children is a big issue, its just that it makes me sad that something that affects so many, many lives; that brings such pain and grief and hardship; that has long-term, serious mental, emotional, physical, and financial repercussions...is still so secret and unspoken.  I guess there's a reason they call it the silent epidemic.


Please, keep on voting!  I'd love if you would vote for me, but just voting for any dementia blog would be a step towards day-lighting this huge problem!


http://www.healthline.com/health/best-health-blogs-contest

1 comment:

  1. This is the Great Information; I really appreciate your efforts taken for the same to share it with everyone

    huskatalog

    ReplyDelete