Sunday, September 9, 2012

Book Report! (It is back to school!)

I just finished Scared Sick by Robin Karr-Morse and Meredith Wiley. It was amazing and so sad. It tracked childhood,in-the-womb, and even generational trauma and it's effects on health later in life. Every physical problem I have can be accounted for physically because of emotional trauma in my childhood and a lot of diseases like obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and Alzheimer's and dementia, etc. in mid-life are traced back to these problems.

They also highlight what problems will be caused in our society in the future if we don't identify children being traumatized, abused, and neglected and heal them. We need to address these problems!

Even if you don't have any illnesses, this is a fascinating book and I learned a lot about the autonomic nervous system, the Vagus nerve, and other really interesting brain and nervous system functions. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment