I am so honored to have been nominated by a fellow blogger for a 'Very Inspiring Blogger Award"! I had noticed this award going around and was hoping my blog makes enough of an impact to be noticed and I'm grateful to Sandra Ross from, http://goinggentleintothatgoodnight.com/, for her nomination. It just means so much to have people know you've been heard and noticed; it makes what I'm doing even more worthwhile!
The rules of the game are;
- Thanking and linking to the person who nominated you.
- Listing the rules and displaying the award.
- Telling seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their posts that they have been nominated (this will be a hard one because a lot of the great blogs I follow have already been nominated!)
- Display the award proudly and follow the blog that nominated you.
http://momsbrain.wordpress.com/ By the lovely writer Emily Caldwell.
www.rheumatoidarthritisguy.com RA Guy has done a huge amount to spread awareness, understanding, and support about RA.
http://www.thieflewybodydementia.com/ Kathy Lowrey writes an amazing blog, and has now started a second one about life after caregiving.
http://mydementedmom.com/ Kathy Ritchie writes a lovely blog and is doing so much to spread the word about dementia.
http://earlyonset.blogspot.com/ Linda Fisher works tirelessly to advocate for caregivers and dementia sufferers.
http://www.robertssister.com/ Because not all caregiving is about dementia. Trish Hughes Kreis' great blog.
http://incurable-insomniac.blogspot.com/ SK Waller writes beautifully, especially about her health concerns and living with a chronic illness.
http://lewybodydementia.blogspot.com/ The Whitworths' work so hard to advocate for caregivers and those with LBD.
http://emuf.blogspot.com/ I just like Emily's blog!
http://twosocksonefoot.wordpress.com/ I really enjoy Beverly Johnson's blog and her writing.
http://gettingclosertomyself.blogspot.com/ Leslie writes beautifully about living with a chronic illness.
http://confessionsof1caregiver.blogspot.com/ I don't know much about the blog's author but I really like her pithy stories and her spirit.
Some of these blogs may already have been nominated, so they'll really know they are doing something right! I've also included blogs about living with chronic illness, because that's a big part of my life.
Seven facts about me:
- I love dahlias and I grow them in containers in my garden.
- I am a mixed media artist, working with fabric, quilting, found objects, paper, and leather. I especially love old keys and feathers!
- I got married on Kauai where someday, my husband and I hope to have a vacation condo.
- I became a caregiver at 33 and had no idea what I was doing but I'm really glad I took on the challenge.
- I read, a lot! Mostly present-day fiction, memoirs, and creative non-fiction.
- I am currently teaching my step-daughter how to drive, which is quite the adventure.
- I love doing hospice work, working with families, and facilitating grief groups for those who've lost loved ones. It is the greatest honor to work with those at end-of-life, and those who are bereaved.